What do we recommend?
So we have minimum travel time right, but we recommend you spend longer than that in our beautiful country. So here is what we recommend you do if you have some extra time up your sleeves. We call this recommended time travel!
Lets use a Funky Chicken pass as an example, on the map attached this is the Green Line only:
You could add-on some extra passes:
- Bay and Cape Pass, head up to the Winterless North and check out the very top of New Zealand with a Cape Reinga pass. This adds on an extra 2-3 days to your trip.
- Deep South Pass, been to the top of New Zealand, why not check out the very bottom of New Zealand with a Deep South Pass. This will add an extra 3 days to your Kiwi Experience trip.
- Milford Explorer day trip, a must do for visitors to New Zealand. This is just a one day trip and can be booked on the bus through your Kiwi Experience driver for a discounted rate.
You could also spend some extra nights in some compulsory overnight stops:
- Rotorua, New Zealands cultural hub has so much for you to see and do! Spending an extra night here won't go to waste.
- Wellington, we arrive here at 18:00 and leave at 07:00 the following morning. We really don't give you enough time to enjoy our capital city!
- Kaiteriteri, get out into the Abel Tasman National Park for some stunning walks and impressive views. Or even spend a day chilling out on the beach
- Queenstown, yes Queenstown the adventure capital of the world. We guarantee four nights here, so take advantage and spend the extra nights, you won't be disappointed.
Then there is the option to hop-off at our optional stops:
- Whangarei, if your into diving, this is a great spot to hop-off and go out into the ocean/sea that surrounds New Zealand
- Picton/Nelson, any wine drinkers dream - winery's and wine tours to keep you going for a day or two.
- Twizel/Mt Cook, let our mates at Mt Cook Connections get you to Mt Cook. We drop you off in Twizel and pick you up there the next day. (Please note this is a seasonal activity). To book you will need to speak to your Kiwi Experience driver.
If you need any more advice on planning your itinerary contact our reservations team they will be happy to help or book it in for you.